1. Bent Over Row -
- Bend forward at your waist with your knees slightly bent and back flat while holding dumbbells with your arms straight and palms facing in.
- Lift the dumbbells up to the sides of your chest. • Lower the dumbbells back to a straight arm position, keeping your back flat throughout.
3. Seated DB Row
- 1 - Sit upright on the ball holding dumbbells in front with your elbows bent at 90 degrees and your back flat.
- 2 - Pull the dumbbells straight in towards your sides, bending at the elbows and squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- • Remain upright throughout and do not sway back and forth.
4. Bicep Curl
- 1 - Stand upright holding dumbbells with your arms straight and your palms facing out
- 2 - Raise the dumbbells up to shoulder height, bending at the elbows.
- • Do not turn at the wrists, finish with your palms facing back.
When you start to sculpt your physique and build your lean strength, ensure you heap attention onto your back muscles. A well-developed back will give you a defined v-tapered appearance as it provides functional strength in everyday movements. A strong back is also the cornerstone of great posture.
We will be focusing on the major muscles that your training program should be focused around. The Latissimus Dorsi, Trapezius, and Erector Spinae are three of the major back muscles. Also worked synergistically in most back exercises are the Teres Major and Teres Minor, which extend and rotate the shoulder joint.
Your Lattisimus dorsi (or lats) internally rotate and extend the shoulder. The lower back muscles are used to flex the back from side to side and to extend the spine (bend backwards). The trap muscles are used for elevating and upwardly rotating the shoulder blades.
A quality training program will help transform you in unimaginable ways. Regardless of whether you are decades into your training or taking your first steps with a new style of training, the desire to change plus a willingness to make yourself a priority coupled with our training programs will give you everything you need to succeed.
We don't know what your before and after picture should look like. We're not here to tell you who or what you should be. We are here to provide guidance, backed up with knowledge and expertise. It's up to you to decide what's important.